Thursday, April 18, 2013

American Idol S12/Ep 28 The Top 5 finalists


We love U Boston!
Our Prayers go out to U!
American Idol top 5 finalists compete.
This is the whole truth and nothing, but the truth...All the girls from last night were superb.  I didn't agree with both song choices from Amber Holcomb and Janelle Arthur, but they all still wowed me.  My prediction is Janelle and Amber will be in the bottom 2 and Janelle may go home. 

The show opened up with Ryan showing some love to Boston and introducing our top 5 ladies, which are:

Angie Sung
 Beyoncé's Halo last night on Idol
Photo Credit: Hibilarious.com
1. Candice Glover
2. Janelle Arthur
3. Kree Harrison
4. Angie Miller
5. Amber Holcomb

It was a diva-licious night as the girls sung singles from their birth year and from already establish divas in the music industry.  But it just wasn't a diva moment for the contestants.  Miss Nicki Minaj  had her share too.

He also mention we have less than a month before we know who the next American idol will be for season 12.  Yay!  Tonight the ladies had the opportunity to sang 2 themes.  The first theme was IDOL BIRTH and the second theme was DIVA.

So, before I get into details about last night performance, I want to start out with Nicki Minaj's outfit.


Work Miss Nicki Minaj!  Rumors are you looked liked a hooker last night,
but if I had that bod, I would work it too!
Nicki Minaj's luxurios red dress on last night's idol. 
You know how she likes to call the ladies little lady bugs...Well, tonight she was the actually lady bug in that red hot mini dress with boobies popping out everywhere.  I was thinking to myself...I know Randy and Keith could not keep their eyes off her cleavage, because I certainly couldn't.  She was fierce last night in that dress, to her red lips, to that blonde wig.  Yes honey worked!!!!

Keep reading more on what the judges thought about the idols performance last night and read what I judged the idols on too!


Candice's outfit on last night Idol.
I love the straight hair look, but
I am still hating on her black bottoms.
Candice was first to perform tonight.  She was born November 22, 1989 and started with Straight Up By: Paula Abdul, in which Janelle helped her with her song choice..  Her second choice was I believe By: Mariah Carey and legendary Whitney Houston.
Keith: Baby, that was so good.  That was such a great version of that song.  I didn't realize that was a great song (really Keith).  Your vocals are incredible and you have such a beautiful control.  Her runs are like someone waving out the window and you have set the bar so high for the other contestants.

Nicki:  How are you candy girl?  I just want to congratulate you for making it to the top 5 and I know you tried out last year.  I think it goes to show you are strong and I love strong women.  So, my hat is off to you for that alone.  You are the boss. I don't know what you are talking about Keith that song has always been great.  So, please get it together.  That song makes me very happy. I like that you put your own spin on it.

Randy Jackson: Yo! Um, alright look I love the arrangement.  I thought it was so cool, I thought it made the song more current.  You so in the zone, you are relax, following the camera around, you're right where you should be, and I got to give a shout out to my girl Paula Abdul.

Mariah Carey: Unpredictable, smart as always.  Genius! That is a feel good song.  Putting that Candice on it. 

Jimmy: I disagree with the judges this week on this.  This was a song for a much now vocal range.  What she needs is a song to kill the vocal range she had last week.

Janelle was born December, 12,1989 and started with Vince Gill When I Call Your Name.  Her

Janelle Arthur's fashion bliss on Idol.  Love the glitter
shorts.
second song choice was Dumb Blonde By: Dolly Parton

Nicki: Hello Nelle!  What I was going to say...First of all congratulations as well you made it to the top 5 as well.  I remember giving a critique to Angie about her piano, when you have your guitar you are so much comfortable.  You don't even have to move on the stage.  It's kind of like you are allowing us into your world.  I would hope to persuade you to do more performance when it's you and your guitar, because I kind of feel when you don't have your guitar you feel the need to over compensate by doing things that make it seem not authentic.  Congratulations....I agree, because if you watched her second performance that comment makes sense.

Randy:  Yo! I feel like this song kind of brought you back a little for me.  I think you do a really great job.  Janelle is back.  That is what you truly, truly love.  I think people will respond more to you when you are completely honest.

Mariah:  I believe you!  You were singing with your whole heart tonight.  It was so raw and real. I just want to say keep that confidence.  Because you know who you are and can't nobody take that away from you.

Keith:  I guess I'm going to be the alone  guy on this panel.  I love that song Janelle.  That song is all emotion.  As far as hitting the notes that was perfect, but I didn't feel it.  I disagree with Nicki I think you could of did it without your guitar.

Jimmy:  N/A
Kree Harrison was sleek and diva-licious last night.
I'm so happy she stepped away from the black
bottoms.
Kree was born May 17, 1990 and started out singing She Talks to Angels By: The Black Crowes.  Her second song choice was Have You Ever Been in Love By Celine Dion

Randy: Yo! Kree man! Yo man! I loved your voice from note one.  What I love about you is all the naturalness in your voice.  You got a natural blues, soulful thing in your voice.  I'm believing everything you said.  I don't know if it was flawless, but absolutely love it.

Mariah:  You can sang anything and I love to hear it.  I love when you lose yourself in song.  I felt like tonight you had a moment to perform.  But my favorite Kree moments is when you get lost in the songs.

Keith: I agree with you Mariah.  There are moments when you don't feel comfortable singing the song.  The great thing about your voice is it is so fine and beautiful that it carries me all the way through.

Nicki:  I disagree with Keith and Mariah.  I agree with Randy. That was the best performance of the night.   Better than Candice and better Jenelle's.  I understand what he saying, but those are the heels and he a boy and doesn't get it.  This was the first performance of the night that I felt like could be a current song in 2013 or 2014.  Then Mariah says interesting, I wasn't saying she was awkward, so you don't completely disagree with me....Nicki, yea I do, simmer down sir...what I was going to say is I'm not mad when you do songs like that.  I don't think there is noting to critique I love it when you do songs like this....Did Nicki really just call Mariah a sir?! OUCH...I'm speechless.

Jimmy: Whoa! It's good to see Nick and Mariah communicate! But overall it felt very Kumbaya to me.  This song just wasn't strong enough for Kree's vocal.  Kree and Candice may have left it way open tonight for somebody to come right down the middle and take the lead tonight, because the performance just wasn't strong enough.  They are going to have to kill it the next go around. 

Angie was born February 17, 1994 and started out singing I'll Stand By You By: The Pretenders in

Angie Miller on last night's Idol.
If you haven't heard her version of Beyoncé's Halo
please check it out on YouTube.
which dedicated to BOSTON!  Her second song choice was Halo By: Beyonce

Mariah: Perfect!  I'll heart and prayers go out to everyone in Boston.  Wow, The Pretenders.  You look to them for inspiration.  Not to say go away from who you are at all.  It was perfect tonight, especially for you hometown.

Keith:  I love you at the piano.  I love forward to you hitting the run.  Where your edges get softer, where you make me want to cry every time. It's just beautiful.

Nicki:  Yes, you know we are all obsessed when you are on the piano.  I'm so glad you made the choice.  I love the way you look and feel tonight.  You're more comfortable as well and I think that comes when you are on the piano, because you know who Angie is on the piano and I love the way you dedicated to your hometown.  That was such a smart choice for you as an artist outside of a human being.  Congratulations on a great performance. 

Randy: Yo! Let me just say this to.  The shout out to BOSTON is amazing.  In all of our hearts we are feeling a little heavy hearted tonight.  This top 5 girls is some of the best we have had in a long time.  I see each of you come up and whatever flaws we talk about, I think you are on your way.

Jimmy: Angie took one of weakness and turn it into a fabulous job.

Amber Holcomb from last night's
Idol. 
Amber was born March 17, 1994 and started out singing Without You By: Mariah Carey.  Her second song choice was What are You Doing the Rest of Your Life By: Barbara Streisand

Keith: Whew, we got an amber alert going...I don't why I said that...You singing has grown with leaps and bounds.  It was beautiful I loved it.

Nicki:  You know how much I adore you. Because Mariah's version is the only song I have to base off of, Mariah's has some feeling. I don't hear any feelings.  Mariah was going to give you something even before she going high.  When you went to the high notes I felt you were restricted.  I didn't like it baby.

Randy:  I give you mad props sitting in front of this legend.  I think you did a damn good job.

Mariah: Yes! Vote for Amber.  My mom use to sing that song to me when I was a baby.  You range is up, I love to hear you sing in that upper register.  I don't usually sing this song in America, because it's more of an international thing. 

Okay, so here is my take...Get Ready, it's going to be rough

I absolutely loved both of Candice's song choice. Oh my goodness, but that second song choice was tearful, soulful, and just so special in it's own way.  Girlfriend, I could see you and Jennifer Hudson singing that song!  Like you already have what it takes.  And I'm so happy that they straighten your hair and you looked beautiful last night.  I was looking out in the audience and you had people standing to their feet with that second selection.  Oh my, I just can't stop saying great things about that performance. 

I am too threw with Janelle.  I understand you like to perform, but I don't understand why you are still here.  Your first performance was good, but I feel the other girls out performed you.  Everyone had two okay songs last night except for you.  Once, again I agree with Nicki...you are a commercial artist, which isn't a bad situation for you.  There are many commercial artist in the music industry.    This competition has stepped way up from last week.  Please if you make it another week, picked your song choice wisely. 

Again, another one of my favorite idols this season is Kree.  First, I just want to say I loved what she wore.  The moment that piano came in, I knew you were going to make me cry.  Your voice is so beautiful and the judges are right you are so soulful.  You can sing anything!  You are one of my favorites. 

Angie had an awesome night of performances.  You know I don't know if you all were feeling like I was, but I didn't think she was going to pull Beyoncé's song Halo off.  Her voice is so theatrical, but this was a perfect song choice.  I could actually hear myself singing Angie's version of Halo and listening to it in my car.  Her voice last night went to places, I didn't think it could go.  And last week my biggest concern was that, I don't see the moments where she is fully lost in the song...I guess she took my advice along with the judges, because I could see the tears welling up in her eyes after the Halo performance and it felt so real. 

Amber, Amber, Amber... I know the judges love her second song choice last night, but I think the song was too old for her.  I liked her first song choice much better. 

Tune in Thursday to watch Fantasia and Clay Akins and also be looking for my update. 


Fantasia Season 3 American Idol Winner and Clay Akins Season 2 runner up
>>Fast Forward their next week performance>>
Back To The Top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...